renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > power bar
Login | Register

power bar

Posted by doug seibert on January 18th, 2003 05:33 PM
In reply to powerbar by Paul in Md on January 18th, 2003 02:20 PM [Go to top of thread]

A "wish list" of connections and switches is necessary to fill the order...........

How much power does each piece of equipment require?......switched what? How?

I would start with a big metal box.......hinged lid........punch the box with a greenlee punch to fit the outlets along the "back" edge of the box........so the wires would fall away from the operator..........

Switches and status lights and circuit breaker/reset.........on the top of the panel...........

Let's see......Add a dimmer switch and a little adjustable gooseneck light...........

I like a surplus store for the "goodies".......this Orlando place is on the web:

http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index.html

Keep the audio patch box separate from the power box......safety first...........inside the box use standed wire and stacon terminals to make neat longlasting connections.......Tie-wraps and tie downs to bundle wires thru the panel.........Hospital/commercial grade plugs.........SOLID GROUNDED PANEL!

I used to produce a traveling slide show and found many venues had reversed Hot/Neutral.......bad grounds.........A slot dedicated to a "cheap" outlet tester (three light polarity/ground)would provide a quick visual circuit test.......especially before plugging in the expensive electronic gear in some back-room-lounge.........

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC