> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Posts
Login | Register

Posted by Stegve on August 21st, 2000 08:23 AM

I can see why most new message boards make you register your name before you post messages. Although, all this conflict draws me back here regularly to see who is over reacting to getting their feelings hurt.

Fundimentally speaking, in any home repair project there is conflict and many methods of solving the problem. There are those who dont know anything and say nothing, there are those who dont know anything but want lots of input. On the other side there are those who know alot and dont say anything and those who know alot and say lot. (and of course we are all on one point on this road depending on the project).

Having found my self occassionally embroiled in an on site difference of opinion, all I can say is when push comes to shove, things work out better if we all get our opinions and conserns out. Sometimes I win and get the joy of having to implement my ideas (and then they better work), or I get "splashed", my ideas crushed and am forced to implement someone elses ideas (and still they better work), or the worse senerio is where there is no easy clear cut solution and I get stuck not only having to solve it, but implement it also, (never fun).

It is in this the exchange of ideas that a reasonable solution occures and after the smoke clears, the project must proceed, get installed, and get paid (if applicable)and move on.

The key here is to move on because the next problem is right around the corner and I never know where I will find my self on the road to the solution. But to end up face to face with someone I once hurt his feelings and that person begins to undermind the process is the worse senerio. Taking conflict personally and dragging it around from project to project assumes, I've never been wrong, I've never been stuck with a bad project to which the best (bugeted) solution is marginal and my butt is on the line. Ya, my feelings are going to get hurt, that's a given.

It's then I wish these hide in the shadow cowards would step forward with their ideas. But alas, they are cowards, content to avoid the "call to the carpet", and that my friends is what separates the Men from the Boys. And my opinion of people who post messages in other peoples name.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC