I just moved into a new house, and there was a vague, unpleasant odor which I traced to a leak under the dishwasher. The dishwasher is removed, the smell is awful, and the bottom of four layers of flooring is crumbly, like old wet porcelain. I've been told it could be asbestos, and am really frightened as the edges are exposed and it will be three weeks before the professionals can do something. Shouldn't the sellers have advised us of the asbestos? Do I have any recourse, or do we bite the bullet? I know this will be costly. Please advise.