> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > portable miter saw table plans
Login | Register

portable miter saw table plans

Posted by Tony P. on January 2nd, 2003 09:42 PM
In reply to PORTABLE COMPOUND MITER SAW TABLE by Eric N on June 7th, 2000 08:15 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 3 people found this post helpful

O.k. what we are building here is a portable inexpensive wooden miter saw table. NOT a stand. This thing is just a table that you put down on saw horses. It will be 12' and extend out to 18' you can make it bigger its just 12' is pushing portablity with great ease. This table will have a nice solid surface all 12' or fully extended 18'. First you must build the table to the miter saw you have. I have the DeWalt slide so usually make my tables 20-24" wide. Start out with three very straight 2" x 8" x 12'spruce boards(the nicer material the better the table) Cut notches out of the center of the boards however deep your saw's table is make sure you make the width of the cut however wide it needs to be to miter all the way then at about 18" from the center of the board make a cut from the bottom in 16" to 4"(left in the top of the board all the way out) You will end up with six rips left over that are like 2 1/2" x 5' These use to make a drawer. Screw a few spacer blocks in to equally space the three boards. Put some good material( Advantec flooring works nice but it's not to light wieght but it is the most durable inexpensive top for the table. Put the same material over all surfaces on the table make the cut offs into a drawer and whalla a sweet saw table worthy of a nice saw. I'll be glad to make you some plans for say $20 otherwise I could send a picture of one of my tables I've always enjoyed making them a bit different every time I build one for someone. It's fun.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC