renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Popcorn Accoustical Texture in Aerosol Can, But......
Login | Register

Popcorn Accoustical Texture in Aerosol Can, But......

Posted by Steve Jones on June 12th, 2000 09:29 AM
In reply to product for repairing popcorn textured ceilings by Carl on June 12th, 2000 08:13 AM [Go to top of thread]

Carl, yes there is a high pressure product that does apply popcorn texture to places as yours.

The stuff is about $9 a spray can and it does not go far. And, BE READY, ONCE YOU PUSH THE BUTTON IT ALL EVACUATES IMMEDIATELY AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING READY.

The size of your area, I would estimate two cans for the actual patch and one can to feather out, or for blending.

Now, you will always see the patched area. The only way to make it like it was is to spray the entire ceiling area with a hopper like it was originally.

After you spray this stuff, and it dries, be sure to paint the new area so that it will for sure adhere to the ceiling. Paint acts like glue and will keep the stuff from falling down alittle at a time.

When you paint, have a good drop cloth down, because it will fall alittle. I would strongly recommend to having the area sprayed. Spraying does not cause the stuff to fall.

Carl, if this was my ceiling and the ceiling area was or is not that big, I would remove this "inferior product" and go back and refloat the ceiling and use crowsfoot texturing and be gone with this.

Good luck,

Steve

Ps Sherwin Williams sells this popcorn in a can.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC