> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Poor Water Pressure in the house
Login | Register

Poor Water Pressure in the house

Posted by Gary on December 1st, 2002 10:09 AM

The pressure drops dramatically in shower and at the kitchen faucets when any other water fixture is used simultaneously. I just moved in a 1970 built 1700 sf. raised ranch home in Windsor Ct. I haven't tested the psi on the street, but I will just to get an accurate reading. I have original American Standard oil fired baseboard heating system with a tank less coil. Could the furnace control the water pressure? On all the faucets I have tried cleaning the aerators and I even removed the flow restrictor on the showerhead. All of this helped a little bit but I still get major water pressure reduction. When a line is open or closed you can see the difference. I have a single handle anti scald shower fixture and a single handle Delta kitchen faucet. Yet the pressure in both bathroom faucets is only slightly effected by the simultaneous use of other plumbing fixtures. The hot water never gets steaming hot like I am use to, but at least I am able to maintain the same temp while the water pressure drops. I would like to know what kind of things would cause a drop in water pressure so that I can troubleshoot this problem and hopefully correct it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC