> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ponzi scheme and other rants
Login | Register

Ponzi scheme and other rants

Posted by Sean on October 17th, 2001 07:59 AM
In reply to You're Not Going Crazy ... by Jay J -Moderator on October 16th, 2001 03:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

I would suggest that you remove the Ponzi (pyramid) scheme found at the following posting: Read This! 20:40 08/13-01

That is unless a Ponzi Scheme is seen as a legitimate posting, i.e, asking for DIY advice?

Your rationale for pulling my posts is feeble, at best! Does advice have to be requested before offered? Maybe someone SHOULD know about creosote but the thought of asking about it never occured! There is an old conundrum in the world of information retrieval. It goes "how can you ask a good question about something if you know nothing about it in the first place??" The same holds true here. If you don't know about creosote, you ain't gonna ask a question about it are you?

I passed along my experience with chimney fires because they are darn frightening - when you see your stovepipe glow red and smoke and fire blowing out of your house like a badly tuned jet engine - you can just see your house and your wordly possessions going up in flames.

This is the beginning of wood burning season. Wood heat while comfortable and cheap (at least where I live) also requires attention. My post outlined just one thing that may help make someone's life a little safer.

I can't say that I agree with you posting endorsements by those people that you know. You know what they say about the internet - noone really knows who you are. For the record. I am a librarian who is not affiliated with any company that sells or manufactures stove pipe thermometers. I am also a long-time user of this site (at least two years) who is now a bit skeptical about the filtering mechanisms for posting materials. There was a time when there was friendly banter on the BBS - now when I browse the listing, it looks so sterile.

Maybe its time to move on and delete this site from my Favourites list.

I am disappointed.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC