> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > poly on poly
Login | Register

poly on poly

Posted by deecee on November 4th, 2002 09:41 PM
In reply to stained trim is to light by Terrie Riley on November 4th, 2002 08:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have used the Minwax Polyshade on occasion, and what you are proposing will work. However, the result you get depends alot on how good you are with a brush (and it needs to be a quality brush). The product needs to be floated on very evenly and not brushed back and forth. Be ready to do a lot of work at a go as cleaning the brush is a chore so you might as well get a lot of molding done at a go. (Suggest you finish whole lengths and then cut after finishing). I have had really good success shading and toning with the Polyshade by spraying it on with an automotive detail spraygun I got for about 30 bucks at WalMart. Do you have a compressor? (Airless sprayers not real good for this) This job will depend a lot on your artistic abilities, which is why I chose the spraygun as I have never mastered the one-direction use of a brush. (Looks real easy on that Polyshades commercial on TV, huh?) Good luck, Kizmet.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC