> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > poles
Login | Register

Posted by burns on April 9th, 2001 10:35 PM
In reply to Hmmmm ... by Jay J -Moderator on April 8th, 2001 11:39 AM [Go to top of thread]

I have been installing Primestar Direct tv & Dish network for about 16 months. I have done several pole mounts. If you are putting in a small dish, I used to go to a hardware store and buy the poles that are used for chain link fencing. They are VERY close to the right size about 6' long, or you can always buy a treated 6x6 or 8x8 wood post. When you dig them in the should be about 3' into the ground. This makes the poles sturdy so they wont move around much when the wind blows. You can always use some 1'-2'pvc pipe about 3/4-1" with a 90 degree bend to protect the cable from the weed wacker. Then dig it in about 2-4"--more if you put holes in the lawn. Find out if there are rules about ground mounts in your area some places get uptight about doing this especially new developments. Use a premixed quick crete 1 bag will do dont mix it too wet. Keep the pole level and plumb--this makes easier to find the bird in the sky. Have fun

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC