> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Poison ivy
Login | Register

Poison ivy

Posted by Darryl Cherwinski on September 8th, 1997 08:55 AM
In reply to Poison Ivy by Cathy Johnson on September 1st, 1997 07:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

It is still potent in the winter. Even when it loses it's leaves it can cause a reaction. It's the oils of the plant that cause the reaction. So if you come in contact with it wash as soon as possible with a soap that breaks up oils. I found most dishwashing soap work very well. It's easier to deal with in the winter because of the lack of leaves. As for pets I don't know for sure but my dogs and cats don't seem to have a reaction from it. However if it gets on their fur it can than be spread to you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC