> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > plug nickel for warranty
Login | Register

plug nickel for warranty

Posted by bc on September 1st, 2000 11:09 AM
In reply to Contact Pergo ... by Jay J on September 1st, 2000 07:11 AM [Go to top of thread]

Enclosed is the website that has the warranty info, maintenance info, and installation instructions.,1121,USA,00.html

On concrete it says to lay down a 6 mil plastic barrier first. Also says to remove carpet but it lays over most flooring. I would think about some of that rubber or foam carpet pad above the plastic. Email them to see what they say.

I think the warranty, like most, is worth about a plug nickel if you try to collect later on anyway. It says something about doing a moisture test before filing your claim within 30 days of noticing a moisture problem. It would be a long hassle trying to enforce it.

You also have to have permission from condo management. I personally wouldn't want someone living above me to have hardwood floors nor would I want the people below me or next to me to hear every step I take around the house to the bedroom/bathroom, etc. Makes me wonder now if a wood floating floor picks up vibrations from things like beds and then reverberates through the condo(makes the carpet pad idea sound better)(a shaking bed may sound like a drum going off below).(Anyone have an opinion on this?) You may have to do a test section in a room to convince them one way or another if you can do it or if any foam padding will help soundproof it. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC