> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Plez Wait ...
Login | Register

Plez Wait ...

Posted by Jay J on June 7th, 2000 07:39 AM
In reply to how to stain rock, concrete and porous surfaces using Iron Oxide by N Robbins on June 7th, 2000 06:21 AM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 3 people found this post helpful

What you want to do is turn a maintenance-free 'item' into one that would require maintenance. Also, what you want to do WILL drop the value of your home. Products like brick and concrete are really meant to breath. By sealing them up, you can accellerate the aging process. Brick, for example, is soft on the inside. The exterior has been 'hardened' by the firing process to keep it together. Have you ever noticed how 'fragile' they are when you drop one, yet, you can stack them on top of each other (forever it seems) and they don't break? Should moisture get sealed in the brick and it freezes, it will crack. THen, you'll be writing to 'us' asking why your brick is cracking all over the place! If the moisture gets trapped but doesn't freeze, over time, the weight will cause the much-softer brick to fail.

Soooo, you might want to re-think what you want to do on the 2 aforementioned accounts. If you don't like the look of your home, I suggest you sell it to get as much value as you can and buy/build a home that suits your 'teste(s)'. I know I'm raining on your parade but ask a Home Appraiser about value before you indulge yourself in this work. I'm sure a Paint Retailer will be happy to sell you the material you need for the job. It's self-serving ...

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC