> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Please - I Can Use Some Help In Trying To Find This Manufacturer ...
Login | Register

Please - I Can Use Some Help In Trying To Find This Manufacturer ...

Posted by Jay J on March 5th, 1998 08:08 AM

To my estute colleagues,

I'm currently working with an installer who, in addition to installing 2 new entry doors for us, will also be installing 2 new storm doors as well.

He's steering me away from our first-choice storm door, EMCO - Forever View. His justification for this is well taken. He has offered to sell Storm Doors from a company called GILL. I've never heard of them. Also, not a thing on the WEB about them either when I search for 'gill' and 'centura'. Hardware stores and Home Centers are claiming ignorance on knowing who this manufacturer is. (From their standpoint, why should they want to help me to buy doors they don't carry.) Anyway, I'm betting that GILL is either incredibly new or they're owned by someone larger, and this 'line of storm doors' is a line they sell to installers only (not to Home Centers, et al.).

The particular set of doors is the Gill - Centura 5000 One Lite. Just for trivia, it has a water resistant, solid core interior, a seamless aluminum skin, and it's listed as being heavy duty. If anyone has any info on this or where I can go to get it, I'd be much appreciative.

Jay J

(Yes, I've posted this on other Forums ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC