> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uneven floors, how do I FIX
Login | Register

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uneven floors, how do I FIX

Posted by Dennis on September 5th, 2001 06:09 PM

11 of 16 people found this post helpful

I have just bought an old house a fixer upper. It is sound structurally but the building is almost 100 yrs old .Its an old stone construction. It hasn't warped in the walls and the roof does not allow water in. However the floors on the second floor have become badly warped in some places the carpet looks more like a sea wave.

I intend to do a major overhaul in about 5-7 years but in the interm I intend to work on the house and rent some of my space. My question is about sub flooring can it fix the uneven floor which in some places is 4"-6" off from corner to corner.

I was thinking about 1/2" or3/4" plywood but could really do with a lot of advice about solving my problem on wodden floors for the next few years without spending a fortune.

Kind Regards,

And looking forward to you reply.

P.S. I have been told I'm may need to remove the floors altogether in but at present I feel they are capable of bearing a load, a family of 6 just moved from this house and I have an engineer to say it is structurally sound.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC