> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Please Don't SHOUT !!!
Login | Register

Please Don't SHOUT !!!

Posted by Jay J on November 18th, 1999 08:46 AM
In reply to LINOLEUM FLOORS ( REPAIR ) by BRIAN SHOEMAKER on November 18th, 1999 02:39 AM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 14 people found this post helpful

Brian, Brian, Brian,

I'll help you with your problem but first, I'd like to share something w/you.

Using Upper Case lettering doesn't get you any more attention than the the person who uses Lower Case. In fact, you may find little help because most 'folks' are turned off when people don't know the 'rules' to Netiquette. There are a plethora of sites that talk about what's good/bad, acceptable/unacceptable, and so on when on the WEB. It's kind of a self-policing which is how us 1st Ammendment folks like it. We don't need the gov't saying what or how we should use the net. This Forum, as with e-mail and web pages in general, try to confrom to certain civil rules. For a flavor of that, see One Version Of Netiquette. As I mentioned, there are lots of others, and I could have chosen any one of them.

Now that I'm feeling much better (thank you), I'll see what I can do to help you. Let's talk about serious damage first. Usually, when a new, sheet-vinyl floor is installed, the installer leaves some scrap pieces for such a project. If you have vinyl tiles, well, you simply replace the bad tile(s). For sheet vinyl, read Fixing Different Types Of Flooring. Towards the bottom of the page is a paragraph for fixing sheet vinyl. (Bookmark the Main WEB Page for future use because Hometime has lots of good stuff.) If you have any further questions on this, post up or e-mail me directly.

Now let's talk about repairing minor damage. If you know the brand of flooring, it's usually a best bet to ctc the manufacturer first to see what they recommend using for the specific repair. This is especially true if you're still under warranty. (Heck if you're still under warranty, see if the 'problem' is covered.) If you don't know the manufacturer but can get a hold of the previous owner, do so. Find out where it was purchased. If you don't know where the previous owner is, maybe a neighbor knows where to find them. If they won't give you their phone number, have THEM make the call and offer to pay for it. Anyways, if you're not under warranty and you really can't get the make/model, go to any home center and buy a 'kit' or the material(s) and tools you need to make your specific fixes. One thing I'd like to add is to buy a product that will clean the dirt in your seams. Dirty seams 1) will not hold very well when patched, and 2) show the dirt if the patching material is clear/opaque.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC