do not do this job yourself. You need a bit more education than can be provided by this board. You are not ready to do home wiring.
Bad wiring causes fires. Bad wiring kills.
You have asked a most rudimentary question about circuitry. Before taking on any home wiring job, you should have full understanding of basic circuitry and be able to draw this circuit and other simple circuits from your head. Basic "How To" books are readily available and are cheap. Buy one of those books and fully understand the basics before attempting DIY wiring.
Other things to understand in order to safely wire your home:
Do you have the proper circuit testing equipment?
Do you know what the exact circuit protection is for this particular wire?
What gage wire are you going to use?
Will the wires be terminated safely and per code?