> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Plastics
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on August 31st, 1998 08:10 PM
In reply to TRYING TO FIND.... by J. Conkey on August 31st, 1998 03:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'll bet that you have a specialty plastic distributor in your area. While they normally deal with industrial users, most are happy to deal with DIYers as we buy their cut offs at full price--and we don't ask for a better price like an industrial customer would. If your area has a "business-to- business" phone book, I would start there. Since finding a listing by category can sometimes be tough in the computer "white pages" on-line, I would check there if you don't have any luck with the old fashioned phone book. When you find a possible source, go there and describe what you want and be sure to have your dimensions with you. I know of 3 or 4 in the Detroit area, some more DIYer friendly than others, but all are happy to take the money. Bet you have no trouble if you do this. If you go by their location, they will normally be a lot more anxious to serve you since they figure that if you came by, you will buy something. Most do not want to tie up their phones on something like this.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC