renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Plastic plumbing pipes-Class action lawsuit
Login | Register

Plastic plumbing pipes-Class action lawsuit

Posted by Jerrica Lee on October 23rd, 2003 02:25 PM
In reply to Quest plumbing lawsuit by Michael R Burns on October 4th, 2003 06:12 AM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 2 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> My Polybutylene, Poly Butyl, Plastic, PB, Quest/Qwest pipe is leaking or brittle, Find Help Here! by Handyman on 10/28/2004

I bought my home 2 years ago. It's a duplex in a gated community, built in 1986. The sellers told me it was all copper piping, but it turns out it is not; only the parts that have been replaced are copper.
I had to call a plumber yesterday, as I woke up to a steady stream of water coming from my ceiling. They replaced the broken piece of pipe with copper pipe. There was a stress/pinhole leak at the strap, they told me. The peice they took out is 3/4" CTS x 7/8" O.D. .080 B , manufactured on 7-13-84. It also says 4R numerous times and QEST-E-PB2110 on it. My insurance company is no help in looking into this, they just want my $500.00 deductible A.S.A.P. If I can, I will avoid them altogether, as they are giving me a very hard time..... Is my plastic piping covered in any lawsuits? My neighbor, on the other side of my duplex, had his all replaced about 6 yrs ago at no cost to him, but he doesn't have record of the company who took care of it or anything. The plumbers tell me that all the pipes need to be replaced, and also that the heat is weakening them considerably. I thank you, whoever can advise me!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2014 Renovate Your World LLC