> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Plastic drip trays
Login | Register

Plastic drip trays

Posted by Henry in MI on January 22nd, 2000 05:46 PM
In reply to flower pots and hardwood floors by nellee on January 22nd, 2000 11:50 AM [Go to top of thread]

nellee, you are making this too hard. The plastic drip trays cost around a buck a piece, depending on the size. See if they have them at a Michael's if you don't have a Frank's in your area, or anywhere else that has a large selection of clay pots for sale.

If you use cork or wood under the pots, that will absorb water and hold it on your floor. Would you leave a wet sponge for a couple of weeks on your best coffee table? The wood and finish on your floor is exactly the same as the wood and finish on your coffee table (or dining room table or whatever). If you are not putting live plants in the clay pots, you can use the cork and wood circles. If you have live plants, and therefore water, in your clay pots, you have to put a coaster under them. The clear plastic drip trays are cheap and work just like coasters.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC