> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Plaster repair
Login | Register

Plaster repair

Posted by Ron cowell on April 19th, 2003 06:46 PM
In reply to Plaster repair by Lida on April 18th, 2003 07:47 AM [Go to top of thread]

the mesh you see is called wire lath there are different types of mesh used for this but the wall then is plaster.

Your chances of getting drywall to match up are pretty slim, plaster was troweled on and not to a specific thickness like drywall. Also the modern mud will not set up right with old plaster the lime in the plaster will cause the repair to fall out maybe not today but a month from then maybe.

your best to use plaster to repair this wall

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC