> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Plaster repair
Login | Register

Plaster repair

Posted by Lida on April 18th, 2003 07:47 AM

My daughter and one of her roommates were fooling around in their college house and put a large hole/dent (about 18"x24")in what I think is a plaster wall. There looks to be no lathing behind it but the wall is not drywall. There is some kind of a mesh, almost looks like gauze, embedded in the wall material though. This house is probably 75 years old.

Can this be cut out and repaired using a piece of drywall? If yes, how do I cut plaster without causing more damage? Would we use the same materials, drywall compound etc., even though it would be binding to "non-drywall"? If the cost is going to get too high, we'll just give up the security deposit, but if we can, we'd like to repair it.

Thanks for any advice.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC