> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > plaster
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on September 28th, 1999 05:20 PM
In reply to Plaster walls by John 2000 on September 28th, 1999 04:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Sonja. Only place I was ever in that considered cows sacred was Nebraska. Smelled a bit there in places too but the steaks in Grand Island were the best ever.

I have never done it but I know how you can practice trying to get the plaster look that interests you. Just go to your friendly home center and buy a sheet of "blue board", a bag of plaster, a large steel finishing trowel, maybe a wood float trowel and a wall paper brush. Cut the blue board into thirds or so. You cut it like you do drywall, score with a straight edge, snap, cut the remaining paper from the back.

Then mix some plaster kind of thick. Apply a smooth skim coat about 1/16" to 1/8" thick with the metal trowel and play around until you get the look you want. Since I don't know what that is, I can't tell you how to get it but probably it will involve something like throwing globs of plaster on the smooth face and part way smoothing that down with the wood or metal trowel. You can also load up the big soft brush with plaster and flick it towards the smooth face then partly smooth down the lumps.

If you can describe the look better, you might also ask at Somebody on their forum might be able to help.

Since it sounds like you have plaster walls, you can just apply blueboard over all the walls and finish them yourself. Again, this is just like hanging drywall but blueboard is made for plaster.

Good luck and have fun
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC