> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Pipes
Login | Register


Posted by Jon S on December 15th, 2002 10:20 PM
In reply to Plumber's glue by Tom B on December 15th, 2002 08:15 PM [Go to top of thread]

What you have described is a Lead & Oakum joint, This is a joint that is first filled with a rope type material and hot lead is poured over it to seal the joint. this is a joint that requires a plumber for and is not something a homeowner should attempt.
.........hope this helps
Jon..SHI Inc.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC