> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Pipe vibration
Login | Register

Pipe vibration

Posted by CJ on June 12th, 2000 07:40 PM

No similar problems in this house until I replaced both outside "anti freeze" faucets a year ago. I used 6" faucets from Home Depot. A week after installation the faucet used most (3-4 times a day) developed a pipe vibration when turned on 5% but after on about 80%the vibration stopped and did not recur until starting to shut it off, then the vibration and pipe rattling recurred. If the water flow were left between the 5% and 80% the vibration would continue indefinitely. I thought there might be a lose washer, etc., so I tried to get into the faucet, but after taking off the small face plate I saw that the inside was inaccessible (unless I undid all the soldering, etc.). However, after replacing the face plate with the single screw, there was no more vibration for a couple of months (which I could not explain)but once it started up again it has continued.
This faucet has a small plastic cap on top which covers a hole to permit water to run out of the pipe and/or hose, but I haven't been able determine that any position of this cap makes any difference.
I talked to the people at Home Depot, and they could not give me an explanation.

Any ideas ?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC