> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > pilot light going out
Login | Register

pilot light going out

Posted by Gil on February 2nd, 2003 06:50 PM
In reply to older Lennox furnace pilot light not staying lit. by Jud on November 30th, 2001 07:38 AM [Go to top of thread]

I just fixed my 16 year old Lennox furnace. When I awoke this AM the temperature was very cold. I immediately thought of a thermocouple problem so I headed off to Home Depot to get a replacement. I replaced it but the pilot light still refused to stay lit.The pilot light was rather small when I was trying to light the furnace (pilot light button held down). I took the pilot light gas tube and pilot light nozzle off and removed the tube from the nozzle. The end was blocked with white fuzz residue. The tube end was partially blocked by a bad cutting job on the tube end. The tube end had a large burr of aluminum blocking at least 2/3's of the tube. (original manufacture)This blockage encouraged the build up which resulted. All removed and pilot light ok. The indication of a blocked tube was when I tried to adjust the pilot light flame, it didn't have an effect. This was my clue to investigate this area.
Hope this may help.

Gil G.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC