> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Piers
Login | Register


Posted by David on January 22nd, 2003 08:43 PM
In reply to Jacks by Moderator, Steve on January 22nd, 2003 06:45 PM [Go to top of thread]

Tom, what Steve is talking about is in some parts of the country called Piers. Piers become a permanent part of the structure. Depending on the stability of the soil in your area, the size of the area that needs leveled, and the status of the foundation, you can also opt to jack up this portion of the framing or framing and foundation, and pour additional footing to restore that area. Both methods have pros and cons; which method you use really depends on the individual home.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC