> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Pickles ...
Login | Register

Pickles ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 25th, 2001 08:30 AM
In reply to Pergo by Jim on October 24th, 2001 09:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Jim,

I use to live across the street from a pickle factory. And there, it was a GOOD thing to be in a pickle. Well, I mean, in the pickle barrel. (They smelled SOOOOO good ...)

Anyways, I think I understand where you're coming from. If I am correct, you will ONLY hear of problems when folks complain. In other words, you won't have folks posting in the BBS when things are GOOD (if you know what I mean.) Granted, there are folks that DO post saying that they had good experience w/Pergo. But as you stated, these folks aren't the ones in a pickle. They're just living life.

Now, if I can twist this a bit in a different direction, and to loosen the use of what it means to be in a pickle, if the customer is complaining that the floor sounds hollow or that the floor is scratching easily, they're not necessarily in a pickle. They're just not satisfied with the product ESPECIALLY if it's not installed properly (professionally or otherwise), or even if it IS installed properly they can be dissatisfied. To take it a step further, the best-of-installed Pergo floors (IMO) sound hollow when you walk on them when they're installed over joists and a sub-floor with a basement below. (That's not being in a pickle - That's just 'the way it is'.) HOWEVER, the best of installations over concrete have a completely different effect. Walking on this floor isn't hollow-sounding at all.

So, where does this all leave us??? You're right - No product is for everyone. But one doesn't have to be in a pickle to have something bad to say. Experience w/a product, even if the product is properly installed where the Homeowner isn't in a pickle, can add to a potential buyer's decision process. (You and I), We are saying 2 different things to a certain extent. I'm just trying to separate 'personal experience' when one is in a pickle and when one isn't in a pickle. I know you don't think it's right for someone to draw a conclusion on a product when the Homeowner is in a pickle. But as the Judge would say, "That's for the jury to decide." DO keep your comments coming. Yours and others will give more info to the Homeowner asking the question. :)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC