> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > phone and cable
Login | Register

phone and cable

Posted by scott arnold on April 10th, 2002 09:33 PM
In reply to Telephone Jack Installation by Bobby on April 9th, 2002 12:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Sounds like your house is prewied for these, but not sure what your asking. Radio shack and many hardware stores offer cable connectors that screw on and you just pull the cable through a hole in the cover plate. Also they sell plates with a built in "female coupling" that is fixed to the plate as well. For phone, just about the same with red and green wires. As long as red and green match up to a another red and green your fine. Normally voltage is 48-52, but look out if someone calls, it jumps to about 110!!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC