> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Pex pipe materials not poly-butyl.
Login | Register

Pex pipe materials not poly-butyl.

Posted by Jon Knight on October 24th, 2002 11:25 PM
In reply to Quest pipe/Polybutylene by Kurt Bramstedt on September 28th, 2000 10:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> My Polybutylene, Poly Butyl, Plastic, PB, Quest/Qwest pipe is leaking or brittle, Find Help Here! by Handyman on 10/28/2004

I have found an issue of possible problems causing new Quest or Dura pes possible failure. Its not so much due to the material itself but the inspection company/Districts in city's requiring a pressure test of all pex when it is first installed to 200psi thru means of a hydrostatic testing device the problem is the recommended pressure listing on all pex pipe or at least Dura-Pex is only 100 psi which means failure of this product appears to be 100psi.,but city/state inspectors are insisting this outrageous test of this pipe Do you think they havent taken the time to research what they are inspecting? In more than 27 - 50 case of jobs I have replaced all of them at broken joints or spider webs thru out all of the lines and had to be totally replaced but under warranty still of the initial 1 year warranty and not subject to re-inspection., which means I wont be back unless someone pearces the pipe..

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC