> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > pergo placed over linolium with out removing the linolium?
Login | Register

pergo placed over linolium with out removing the linolium?

Posted by Deanna on April 6th, 2004 04:41 PM
In reply to floor repairs by doug j on August 7th, 2000 07:02 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have hired a company to install pergo laminate flooring and they said it is better to install the pergo over the linolium rather than remove the linolium then install the pergo.They're reasoning is "since the floor is in good shape it will be fine to install with out removal on the linolium, if we remove the linolium it could tear up the floor under the linolium causing damage to the floor that would need to be repaired, hence increase costs.

What is your opinion? I don't mind spending the extra cost if it is going to make a difference in the quality.
What is the worst possible damage that could result from tearing up the linolium?

Also I did some investigating of my own and it appears that the current linolium is laid over another layer of linolium. So this brings me to another question. Should I have them remove the top layer of linolium only-chances are there will not be floor damage because the 1st layer should peel up off the previous layer.

They are going to install Pergo in the bathroom as well, it is ok to install laminate flooring in a bathroom?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC