> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Pergo flooring
Login | Register

Pergo flooring

Posted by Ginger Swindle on August 15th, 2000 12:18 PM

In 1998, we intalled pergo flooring over a large area of our home which was quite expensive. The reason we chose pergo was because of the warranty, lack of maintenance and it came highly recommended. We now have a problem that seems everyone wants to pass the buck. We have a dinette suite with chairs that roll. The finish under these chairs is coming off. The finish under these chairs is rough and the color is fading. We contacted the store that sold it to us and was informed that the pergo representative that we got it from is no longer representing pergo and that the new rep. they do not have a good "repor" with, started telling us the warranty don't cover this and that, etc. but the warranty was good enough to sell it to us. We were told this flooring is indestructible, and certainly was not told that roll-about chairs would ruin it. It appears that it is up to us to get something done, even if that's possible. We need to know who to contact? How can we get someone up here to look at it and what can be done? Maybe it's possible that some kind of poly. finish could be put over the top of it. I'm afraid the only alternative is to cover it with carpet. This is totally unfair and I think the Company should stand behind its products. Can you get this message into the right hands or contact me and let me know who to contact. I know this might not be in your territory of expertise, but I appreciate your help. I live in Pocahontas, Ark., my e-mail address is above. Thank you very much. Ginger Swindle

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC