> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Pergo experience
Login | Register

Pergo experience

Posted by Frank on December 5th, 2002 03:16 PM
In reply to wow, tough call by Moderator, Steve on December 5th, 2002 02:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

I went the Pergo route some years ago in a condo I owned.

I'll say this.....once you get the transition styrips in place this a piece of cake. I had a concrete slab subfloor (crap construction)and had to use a concrete bit and drill for the screw anchors. Couldn't figure out why my concrete bit would scream and smoke a 1/4 inch down. Got frustrated and got one of those 22 caliber guns for concrete nails. First time I used it, scared my wife to death....she was feeding our fish at the time and through fish food everywhere. Pretty funny.

Anyway, that nail bent. I got mad, fired off 5 in succession (all bent), then went outsidce for a smoke. My neighbors asked me if everything was OK, since they had just heard 6 gunshots.

Turned out there was rebar right there. I found a work around. Of course the whole time + 2 trips to Lowes, my wife kept saying, "The video says this should only take 15 minutes."

But, I think mine was a convoluted circumstance, and would recommend Pergo. It went together very easy once I got past my obstacle.

Just remember measure, measure, re-measure, then cut.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC