> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Pergo
Login | Register

Posted by Mike from Homeworks on June 16th, 1998 08:33 PM
In reply to to jay j pergo by Mari on June 16th, 1998 04:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Mari, I saw this message and just had to stick in my input. Being a contractor I have seen numerous floor products installed. I am with the true at heart, nothing can beat a hardwood floor.
I installed a kitchen for an engineer four years ago. This was my first experience with Pergo. It was to be installed in a kitchen, laundry room and bath. I had my doughts. The floor went in flawlessly, and looked fantastic. I asked the flooring contractor to let me have a few whacks with my hammer. He would'nt let me hammer the installed floor, but I did go to town a scrap. The finish did not mark or scratch.
I brought a concern to the homeowner about water. He through a piece in a bucket, I returned four days later the floor swelled a bit(you would need to measure it with a micrometer)!
Next we held a lighter on a scrap. It blackened but cleaned with a scrubby pad. While I would think very strongly where I would use this product, I would use. Works great under my office chair, my hardwood floor did'nt fair as well. The only two drawbacks are you can not refinish it. If a section has to be replaced, there would no way to remove the damaged area without severly damaging the rest of the floor.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC