renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > pb plumbing
Login | Register

pb plumbing

Posted by MARILYN ARCURI on April 16th, 2003 10:32 AM
In reply to Quest pipe , WHO HAS THE ANSWER by Frazzled new home owner on March 15th, 2003 08:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> My Polybutylene, Poly Butyl, Plastic, PB, Quest/Qwest pipe is leaking or brittle, Find Help Here! by Handyman on 10/28/2004

I PURCHASED A HUD HOME IN 1998 AND IMMEDIATELY HAD A LEAK IN THE OUTSIDE PLUMBING WHEN THE WATER WAS TURNED ON. THIS I REPLACED. I FILED A CLAIM WITH THIS PB LAWSUIT TO NO AVAIL. IN THE PAST 2 YEARS I HAVE HAD SEVERAL LEAKS ABOVE THE WATER HEATER. THEY WILL NOT REPLACE MY PLUMBING AS THEY SAY I MISSED THE DEADLINE BY A FEW MONTHS. WHO OR WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THIS COVERED. MOST EVERY HOME IN THIS TRACT HAVE HAD THEIR PLUMBING REPLACED THRU THIS LAWSUIT, BUT I CAN NOT GET ANYWHERE EXCEPT A DENIAL. MY PLUMBER SAYS IF I DON'T PUT IN COPPER EVENTUALLY THE LEAK WILL MOVE TO THE INSIDE AND CAUSE MAJOR DAMAGE, ALSO WE KEEP CUTTING THE PB PIPE TO THE WATER HEATER TO FIX IT, BUT THIS IS ONLY GOING TO LAST SO LONG. IT IS NOT CHEAP TO REPLACE ALL MY PLUMBING, LET ALONE THE TEAR UP OF MY HOUSE. WHAT DO I DO? I AM REALLY GETTING FED UP WITH THE RED TAPE?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC