> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Partitiion walls
Login | Register

Partitiion walls

Posted by Dave on August 11th, 2000 08:41 AM
In reply to More To This In What You Can't See ... by Jay J on August 11th, 2000 08:21 AM [Go to top of thread]

Jay J -

Thanks for your response. I have provided some answers to the questions you raised in your post. I guess I didn't express my original question clearly ... I have asked it again at the bottom of this post..

The walls are partition walls, not load-bearing.

No contractor; I'm doing it myself. (Assume I know how, because the finer points of demolition & construction is not what I'm looking to learn on this particular post. I'll probably post again after the job begins to ask more specific questions.)

I'm calling in an electrician to rewire the entire house AFTER the walls are down - so no concerns there. (No wiring in the walls I'm bringing down either.)

The question that I'm asking, or I guess the answer that I want to get to is, will I get fined when I sell the house because I have one less bedroom than when I bought the place and there's no building permit on file..? in other words, the county records will say 5 bedrooms when there will actually be 4. A buyer will question that - so I'll probably need to tell the county at some point that there are only four bedrooms. Will they look at building permits or just reassess the property?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC