> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Partial Answer (Could Use More Help) ...
Login | Register

Partial Answer (Could Use More Help) ...

Posted by Jay J on July 15th, 1999 08:23 AM
In reply to Moisture behind artificial stucco by Jonathan on July 14th, 1999 08:32 PM [Go to top of thread]

I've heard/read this some time ago. I could be wrong (where I would hope someone would clarify if I am) but I believe the problem is a result of the moisture from the process of applying the stucco gets 'trapped' behind it. In other words, the outer stucco dries/hardens faster than the inner portion, thus, trapping moisture. I believe there's a hardening agent or a moisture barrier in the mix itself that prevents the stucco from breathing.

In any event, I don't know if the answer is to have a vapor barrier installed before the stucco is applied. I would suspect, and hope, that by now, the problem has been worked out. Your best bet is to as a contractor that either doesn't use stucco to finish his homes or someone who USE to and doesn't any more. Maybe they can tell you more details of what to look for and what problems arise. I don't know if it's 'artificial' stucco. I'm no expert but I've never heard of artificial stucco. But I'm all ears. Hopefully someone will have more and post up.

My best to ya and hope this helps. (Take a stab at searching the WEB for 'artificial stucco'.)

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC