> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > PARQUET FLOORING
Login | Register

Posted by PAT WILLIAMS on November 6th, 2001 08:48 PM

A while back, I purchased some rustic mahogany parquet flooring (probably the original version), manufactured by Quality Craft. By the time the job was near completion, however, I realized that I did not have enough to cover the entire floor. To minimize the situation, I left the entranceways and a small bar area uncovered (I've used rugs to hide the concrete.)
In attempting to supplement this flooring, I've discovered that none of the newer flooring matches (Either the grain or the the color is different.) Moreover, the newer versions are, generally, in planks rather than the four-part squares; in addition, most are the glue-down type (making them sit higher than the parquet already on the floor.) The company I purchased the flooring from has gone out of business, and QualityCraft (located in Stone Mountain, GA) refuses to deal with individuals. Their agent claims that the flooring is actually imported from overseas (They wouldn't say specifically which overseas importer.) Therefore, I find myself in a quandary. It has been suggested that I cover the remaining portions of the floor with carpet or tile. However, I don't find these suggestions palatable, given unsuccessful attempts to match the existing flooring. Even less palatable, however, is the suggestion that I "pull up" the new flooring (whose cost and installation were not cheap), replacing it with an adequate supply of new flooring. PLEASE ADVISE!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC