> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Paper Tiger
Login | Register

Paper Tiger

Posted by Steve: on November 1st, 2001 06:05 PM
In reply to Yet Another Wallpaper Quandry by Kevin on November 1st, 2001 02:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

Playing around with my Paper Tiger, I found that it really works on one layer of paper. I did though apply harder pressure than required and I did penetrate two layers.

Kevin, you know the purpose in life for the paper tiger is to tear the paper layers down to the wall board and to allow water to get into these sandwiched layers to assist in the release of the paper. Water is the big key to sucessful removal. I mean allot of water. The paper has to be fully saturated with water before the process works nice and easy.

Now, I imagine that a person could build or fashion a paper tiger with small tacks to penetrate deeper through the layers to reach the wall board. BUT YOU DO NOT WANT TO DAMAGE THE WALL BOARD OR REMOVE THE THIN SKIN OF THE WALL BOARD.

If this was my project and I did not want to hang 1/4 inch drywall over this, then I would just be patient and start with a square foot area and keep on moving on. This is not allot of fun and nothing will make it quick.

fly your flag.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC