> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Paintless sprayers
Login | Register

Paintless sprayers

Posted by Henry in MI on July 6th, 2001 10:05 PM
In reply to Paint Sprayer by Marie on July 6th, 2001 10:19 AM [Go to top of thread]

Marie, from my daughter's experience, the subject caption is appropriate. He experience with the Wagner Power Painter was awful. Thankfully, her home center did let her exchange it for a Power Roller, which was somewhat better. I still like the old brush and roller except for really rough surfaces.

It is not a good idea to paint your brick, if that's what you are considering and not just the soffitts. Search the board for a lot of comments on this subject and decide for yourself.

Remember that the secret to a good paint job is preparation, preparation and more preparation. My best source for info on painting really is my friendly neighborhood paint store and not the "big box" marketers. They have a real interest in helping you succeed so you will come back to them for more paint and info. Dealers or small stores that carry Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore seem to be rated highly here.

Another point is that your paint should last a long time. The few dollars difference in the price per gallon between good paint and cheap paint translated to big differences in future paint performance and life. For an easy calculation, if you spend $5 more a gallon for good paint and it takes 4 gallons of paint to do your soffitts, is it worth $20 to go another couple of years without the hassle and expense of painting again. If you have to scrape the old cheap paint off because it is flaking so badly, it's certainly worth a LOT more that.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC