> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Painting vaulted ceiling
Login | Register

Painting vaulted ceiling

Posted by Laurie Barak on January 14th, 2003 08:54 PM
In reply to Ceiling Fan Placement on Vaulted Ceiling by Debbie Dove on July 3rd, 2000 11:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I'll try to describe this as best I can. My home was built in 1965. One of its unique features is a vaulted ceiling right in the center of the house between the living room and kitchen. The kitchen cabinets do not go all the way to the ceiling so this creates half-walls where I have put plants and baskets on top.

Right now the walls are all white because the previous owner fixed up the inside of the house and painted everything white. Because of the design of the house if the half-walls weren't there the kitchen and living room would be one big room. I want to paint the kitchen and living room one color to go throughout the main part of the house and into the hallway leading upstairs to the bedrooms.

I don't want to use just a flat wall paint because it would look as boring as the white walls do. Any suggestions on what I could do? I'm thinking about using a ragging or sponging technique to add interest and I plan on doing a large mural on the kitchen wall. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC