> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Painting Stripes...tape does stick and tear!
Login | Register

Painting Stripes...tape does stick and tear!

Posted by debiken on March 10th, 2003 05:32 PM
In reply to HELP!! by Kellee on February 26th, 2003 08:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I'm about halfway through a striping project. I got the idea from something I saw on-line and then the Dutch Boy pamphlet at the paint store had a bunch of different techniques. I used a light gray base color, then painted stripes in this metallic plum (sponged on) but only went about 36" from the floor with the stripes. I'm then going to use a molding to get kind of a wainscoting effect. So far it looks really cool..EXCEPT....I am using the blue 3M painters tape and it did tear small bits of the drywall paper off, only in spots, but be very careful if you do this. DON'T leave the tape on any longer than you have to, the longer the tape is on the wall the more likely it seems to be to tear the paper. Now I have some spots to repair, which is really stinky on a brand new wall! I'm wondering why the painters tape doesn't have adhesive only on the outside edges rather than the full width of the tape? A new invention idea?
Good Luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC