> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > painting plywood floors - Cheap!
Login | Register

painting plywood floors - Cheap!

Posted by CanadianKimmy on April 23rd, 2003 11:16 AM
In reply to painting plywood floors by debbie on April 9th, 2003 01:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

17 of 18 people found this post helpful

I had 22 yr.old shag. It's gone now. I had awesome results using this method: Rip out carpet, carpet holders, pull out underlay, use pliers to remove staples, hammer in any nails using a tool to drive nail head so it is sunken underneath top of plywood. Use floor leveller (for wood) and fill holes in floor. Sand. Vacuum. I went to buy mistints for the floor @ 5.00/gallon. I used latex for easy clean-up. I painted 2 coats, let dry 48 hours, so it's hard. Then in my daughter's room, I used chalk and made a huge daisy in the middle of the room. Then made swirls of white paints all over. In my son's, I made a race track all over. Painted in the designs, waited 24 hours. Bought marine varnish, cheap. Brushed on 2 coats, waiting 48 hours between both. Has a brilliant diamond shine, did turn the white paint yellow, loved it! Has had NO CHIPPING in over 2 yrs of 8 and 4 year olds running through! Make sure you wait a long time between coats of paint so that it is hard when you put the next coat on! Hope this helps you! Email if you have any more q's!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC