> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Painting over River Rock
Login | Register

Painting over River Rock

Posted by Dana on November 29th, 2002 04:10 PM
In reply to Painting over River Rock paint by Pam on November 27th, 2002 11:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

After 2 coats of Steam Boat Basin River Rock in my powder room, I wasn't happy with some of the darker spots and I had to make a decision of what to do next. After reading horror stories of people using 8 coats and still not being happy, I decided not to continue down that path. (I wish I would have read those stories before I started!) I went to my local Sherwin Williams store and purchased a gallon of flat paint in a color called Weathered Wood from the Martha Stewart collection. It is a very close match. I used only one coat and the river rock is completely covered. I had textured walls to begin with, so there isn't much of a difference.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC