> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > painting over painted panelling
Login | Register

painting over painted panelling

Posted by Mary on January 2nd, 2000 09:16 AM

Help! Our guest rooms walls were originally panelled (a non-grainy panelling.) The previous owner filled the vertical lines with something (who knows what, maybe drywall mud), then painted over the whole thing to create a smooth surface. We would like to repaint, but some of the filler is slightly cracked, or the lines are slightly obvious. Short of chipping out whatever is in there and starting over, is there anything we can use to prepare the surface before we paint so the lines are not so obvious? Is there a primer that is really thick that might help fill in the depressions? Does this make any sense? Thanks! Mary

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC