> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Painting Interior Walls
Login | Register

Painting Interior Walls

Posted by GGP on February 21st, 2003 01:52 PM

I bought a new house back in Jan 2001. One of the “options” my wife and I chose to purchase was a Navajo White (flat) paint “upgrade” throughout the house. The Navajo White was a Kelly Moore brand paint and it turned out perfect. We were told that the home developer (Shapell) watered down the paint, but to me it looks great and the coverage is very good (no roller marks, etc.).

However, over the past couple of years we have randomly painted a number of rooms using Ralph Lauren paints (Flat paint) to add some color to the house. With the RL paints, I have noticed the coverage is not perfect – I see faint roller marks when I look down the wall/side view. Even though I am fairly particular (some say anal), the marks and lack of coverage are very subtle and not something I lose sleep over.

I’m mainly just wondering if I am doing something wrong, and if it is my limited painting knowledge, vs. paint quality, that is causing the lack of coverage. I have been applying ample amounts of paint, evenly distributed, but the marks are still there. Do I need to apply 2 or even 3 coats? That would be painful. Please let me know if I am missing something. If I can prevent this from occurring in future painting endeavors, all the better.

Lastly, many people have told me that despite the fact RL makes a decent paint, I would be better off using a more experienced painting manufacturer such as a Kelly Moore, Sherwin Williams, etc. Any comments or thoughts?

Many thanks.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC