> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Painting appliances
Login | Register

Painting appliances

Posted by Henry in MI on June 29th, 1999 05:07 PM
In reply to Painting an Oven by Peter Papanikolaou on June 28th, 1999 03:16 AM [Go to top of thread]

14 of 16 people found this post helpful

Hi, again, Peter. Another opinion for you but I think that it will prove valid. This is a job for the pros. The pros have access to some paints that you cannot find at the local home center. They also have electrostatic spray equipment, which you probably don't have and can't normally rent. Epoxy paint is the best choice but it almost has to be sprayed and without the electrostatic sprayer, you will have big problems with overspray. Don't even think of doing it with a brush. If you do try to spray, you should use a HVLP gun and have plenty of experience. Surface prep is critical. The surfaces to be painted must be immaculate and then washed down with acetone, sanded and washed again.

I would not out and out tell someone that they can't do something. I have some friends that have the experience necessary to do a good job and sufficient equipment that they use for their hobby interests. But unless you really feel that you are qualified, I would suggest that you call the pros. They should be able to do a better job and at lower cost, probably than for you to get the equipment. And they take the risk if they have problems. Don't forget to ask for references and check them along with checking places like the Better Business Bureau when hiring any contractor.

Good luck.
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC