> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Painting
Login | Register

Posted by Jeremy on March 3rd, 2003 03:39 PM
In reply to Painting textured, plaster ceilings by Karen Polito on March 3rd, 2003 02:56 PM [Go to top of thread]

My experience with this type of work isn't much but i kinda keep to the basics.
this is how i do it, first I go out and by a cheap sponge mop and clean the walls off before anything, you be surprised how dirty they really can be. then i spackle all the holes up with some spackling compound, sponge it down and smooth and purchase some stain/sealer primer, as for the type of paint i use a semi gloss. Now for what type of brands depends on what you can afford and what type of color you want sometimes, basically go to your local retailer store and ask the department supervisor what you want and looking for and they should be able to guide you in the right direction. They give you the specs and you decide that way, some paints offer warranties some don't. Make sure its an interior paint as well. Now this is what I have done in the past and it all ways pleased my wife and I with the results. We use semi gloss due to the fact of future spills and its easier for us to wipe them off without staining them. And for splatter and dripping we used a mesh type screen and a larger bucket it seems to help take off most of the access paint from the roller. Ask your retailer again about this and he/she can show you in more detail. well there you go that's what ive done and I hope you get some ideas out from it. Good luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC