> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Painting 123 ...
Login | Register

Painting 123 ...

Posted by Jay J on November 29th, 1999 09:57 AM
In reply to Painting Garage by Tope Osunro on November 28th, 1999 08:56 PM [Go to top of thread]

You can get right to it by going to a local paint retailer (listed in the Yellow Pages under Paint Retailers) and bring a sample piece of garage with you (if you don't know what it is you're painting.) I suggest you DON'T use a Home Center's paint because of quality issues (I've personally experienced) with their paints. (They sell a brand-name's Competitive Brand in their store.)

The Retailers sell very good paint. Sherwinn-Williams, Benjamine Moore, and Finneran & Haley (my favorite) to name a few are the places where I buy my paint. Use a good Primer/Sealer if you're painting anything that can 'bleed' through. Personally, I'd do 2 coats of top-coat paint. (I'm not that good where I can get away with 1 coat.) Don't paint in direct sunlight if you can help it. Paint in T-shirt weather if possible. Use Latex primer and paint. Buy your supplies while you're at the retailer. And by all means, READ the can(s) before you leave the store to be sure they suit your needs. And, if you have any questions, you're right there.

If there's more, post up. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Painting by Jose Rios  10/14/02 02:22 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC