> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > painted floor in 100 yr old home
Login | Register

painted floor in 100 yr old home

Posted by m on April 5th, 2001 09:46 PM
In reply to woodfloord by Karen L on April 5th, 1999 05:05 PM [Go to top of thread]

The problem with sanding off lead base paint is it becomes airborn allowing anyone in the area to breathe it in. Children and elderly are especially sensitive to lead poisoning. The dust will settle on all the walls and some will stick to the ceiling. Even creep into your ductwork. Once in your ducts, it will blow out into the air when hvac runs. Test that finish before sanding! Strip it if it has lead. This has to be done especially if you have children. Otherwise, cover it back up with carpet.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC