> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Painted bricks
Login | Register

Painted bricks

Posted by Henry in MI on June 21st, 2001 06:46 PM
In reply to This one is for Jay-J, " On the ball" :o) by John 2000 on June 21st, 2001 03:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 7 people found this post helpful

John2000, I sure am glad that you handed this off to JayJ since I usually get the "unpainting" ones, whether I want them or not. Go to it Jay. LOL

Cara, I would be happy to tell you how I did this on my house without ending up with it looking more "calico cat" looking than it does. I would love even more to hear about someone that wants a practice area for this in Michigan.

I have tried a well-known brand of orange stripper in a spray can with absolutely no change in the paint. This is with a mix of old paint, old primer, new paint, new primer and a lot of dirt, soot and other things to work around. A hand held wire brush didn't do much either. I did not try the gel version of the stripper, fearing that it would actually work and I would have to do the whole house. With the brick, a heat gun probably will not do much. With the age and condition of some of my brick and mortar, I'm not wild about a pressure washer either. Right now, I'm in a live and let live mode.

I'm sure that Peel Away would work. Sorry, Hy, but avialability, unit cost for small areas and believing that it would work are negatives for me. If it does on a test area, then I would have to work on the whole thing.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Cara, you can check with Peel Away at and ask Hy which variety to use.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC